Wednesday, November 9, 2011
Raw Truth.
God loves me. I am a sinner. He died for me. He has given me freedom. He is overflowing with grace and mercy. He is all powerful. He is joy. I am forgiven. I am unashamed. They are simple but yet there are times I miss the profoundness of these truths. I do not want them to get old, to grow weary of their impact in my life. I want to always look at them with a fresh regard, not dreary because I have heard them over and over. When the Lord does reveal to me these realities once again though, all I can do is be in awe and praise my Lord (and usually cry). Yet, at times I feel like to me this is just head knowledge. I want to feel these basic truths -not in the sense that it gives me an emotional high, because those can be unreliable and misleading- but to feel it to the core of my being. I want to not just confess them but to live out these basic truths in my life. What I really want is for these truths to be raw to me, every time. My question is though, 'how?' Some of them I am slowly learning to live out. First and foremost I need to take this to the Lord with prayer. Then, tell others, keep my eyes open to these truths around me and see them being lived out, and also to ask the Lord to refresh my mind in how I approach them.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment