Sunday, January 15, 2012

Fears.

During RU practice last week we talked about the refining that will take place during this semester for ourselves and the team. We also shared our fears with another person on the team and then prayed about it. Lately I feel like in some areas of my like living radically for Christ or not being attached to consumerism or materialism has been in a type of regression since Kaleo. I know I have progressed in others but as per usual, I don't see it. And then even worse, I become scared that I am not growing or won't grow. My fears? I fear that I won't be refined and if and when that time comes I will be too tired or weak to face the trails. I fear that I am not hearing the voice of God for his will in my own life, and what to do next. I fear that I am not trusting my Lord enough. I fear that I don't love him enough. I know these things I cannot do on my own, and much of it has to be the Lord working through me. So if you could please be praying for that, that would be great. Also praying that my faith would have depth that is deeply rooted in Christ and that my identity is found in him and I won't want to try to assimilate to the rest of the world. Pray that I will put my full trust in my Lord and Saviour.
In other news, RU is touring this semester and putting together a show based on our stories -mine included- so please be praying for the ministry that will come through this semester. Thanks!

2 comments:

  1. With regards to your fear of not loving the Lord enough, I feel like many Christians wrestle with this issue. This is something I have been dealing with for the last little while. The more and more I get to know God's love for me, the more I feel as though I owe Him my love and life. Consequently, I end up offering my filthy rags (Isaiah 64:6) to him and I end up extremely discouraged as I reflect on my pathetic efforts to serve him. Something that has really helped me lately is praying to Him daily, asking Him to reveal himself to me more and more through His word, and that i may learn to love Him more. He's answered my prayer!! He has given me victory over sin and he has shown me his unlimited patience (1 Tim 1:16), love and mercy. God has redeemed us and we're able to love Him because he has softened our hearts. I think what's also helped me is the fact that we love because He first loved us (1 John 4:7-21)...so the more we focus on His love for us, the more we love others, and as a result we love Him.
    Hope this helps!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh Lynnea..if you only knew how many people struggle with these same thoughts,including myself....it is too much to write here, but call me COLLECT(628-3994) when you have a chance, and I know I can speak into your situation. I love you and KNOW beyond a shadow of a doubt that you love the Lord your God with all your heart and soul and mind and strength. "What does the Lord require of you? But to act justly, and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God". I am confident you are doing all these things well. Praying for you and hopeully TTYS! Monique

    ReplyDelete