Isn't it funny to think about how you ended up in the spot you are right now? I think so. Today I was thinking about how my life would be drastically different if I had decided to go to Ambrose. Sure, I may ended up with a similar degree but it would have been a divergent journey with other distinct stories and faces. I would probably have grown in my faith but I would not of been in RU, and I would not have the friends I do -except for my Kaleo ones, of course. And I most certainly would not be typing this post right now in Hillson dorm in my room. It is so strange to think of God's providence in our lives, and how it all works out for what He knows is best for us.
Now, on the opposite side of my past is my future. To me I find it strange that in five years time -no pun intended towards the song with the same title- my life will be substantially different than it is now. Who knows what can happen in such a small span of time. I wonder if I will be married, if I will be having a 'career', and where I will be living, and that is just five years. Time passes so quickly as I think that I am in my third year of college already. I remember graduating high school like it was yesterday! It is almost overwhelming to think of how fleeting time is. We cannot control it and just when we think we have grasped it, we realize we are not in the same moment as we once were. I will be honest, I do think youth is wasted on the young, and before I know it, I will no longer be 'young'. This may seem depressing but really, it just puts things into perspective. I do have hope. I think of the verse my class went over today in Pauline Epistles that says, "Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen, since what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal" 2 Corinthians 4:16-19. I do have hope for the future because this life is not all that there is -even though sometimes it is hard to see past that. This temporary life is meant to invest in the eternal but also to invest into the Kingdom of God and to further it and thus bringing God the glory He deserves. Before I know it -if God wills me to live to old age- I will be at the end of my momentary life and be filled with age spots, grey hair and wrinkles. That does not mean that life is over. Rather, life is just at it's beginning.
No comments:
Post a Comment