Hey everybody, it's Lynnea!
Well to first start off it has been incredible so far. I can't wait to see what this year and God has for me. It is crazy to think I am finally at Kaleo! When I think of this year the word challenge always seems to come up, and that is exactly what I want. I want to be challenged in my faith and stretched spiritually. So this week was really a week of meeting my new fellow Kaleoites, and I love them all in their own unique ways.
Yesterday we just got back from a rather intense three day hike in Strathcona Park. The mountain we intended to climb was Mount Albert Edward, but sadly due to a few factors we weren't able to make it to the very top. The experience though of just making it to the point we did was incredible. At one point, when we were taking a break the clouds cleared to reveal a series of valleys and mountains, it was so beautiful. It made me just think of how creative and splendid of a creator we have.
It may sound strange but the trip made the Bible and the analogies I have heard my whole life come a little more alive and real to me. At one point, my group had taken a wrong turn and didn't even know it. We were pretty happy about it- beautiful meadows, streams, and boardwalks. Then, to our dismay we learned that we had taken the wrong path. After awhile on the right path we realized there was a large difference from the previous path. This path was rugged, muddy, and not a boardwalk to be seen. I came to an analogy of life while walking on our rugged path. The path that leads you in the right direction will not be as scenic, or as easy, and the wrong will seem easier and will be more beautiful and gratifying to our senses, but only one path will get you to the destination.
Jay, our leader for my group on the hiking trip challenged us to pick a memory verse to represent my year. I picked Ecclesiastes 3:1-8 "There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven: a time to be born and a time to die, a time to plant and a time to uproot, a time to kill and a time to heal, a time to tear down and a time to build up, a time to weep and a time to laugh, a time to mourn and a time to dance, a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them, a time to embrace and a time to refrain, a time to search and a time to give up, a time to keep and a time to throw away, a time to tear and a time to mend, a time to be silent and a time speak, a time to love and a time to hate, a time for war and a time for peace." It may be not really a verse necessarily, but more a passage, but it seems to speak so strongly to me. I am excited to see how this verse will shape my year.
No comments:
Post a Comment