Let me first say, the Lord is good! I just feel so undeserving of the constant blessing he has been pouring on me. I do not know if this is good or bad but I never ask for God to bless me, I feel like I am as I said, undeserving but when I think of others I think they should be blessed before me because of how God has blessed me so richly so far. Although, I am realizing that it is the ones who appear the least-blessed or poor in the eyes of the world who are truly blessed. Their character is shaped more Christ-like than I could ever be. They have become so relient on God and trust him completely. It is in their helplessness that they depend on him, because they can't depend on materialism, science or technology. That is truly being blessed. This is completely described in Matthew 5 with the Beautitudes. I do feel like I need to learn to accept God's gift to me, but it just seems hard when there are people out there who need God's blessings so much more than me. I also mean this blessing in the sense of home life, family, and friends.
Anyways, wow, I totally went on a ramble there. So... (drum roll please) I got a bursary! I would like to say scholarship, but it is not dependent on my academics. Nevertheless, Briercrest has given me the Karsgaard Heritage Foundation Bursary, which is $1300. Incredible! I was actually doubting I would get anything, but I was wrong I guess. haha.
Well, our last class of Kaleo is done. We took Studies in Christian Worldview with Cal Macfarlane. You may recognize this name from the beginning of the year, Cal taught our Spiritual Formation also. The class was a lot of philsophy. We learned about Modernism, Postmodernism, and Creational Reality. To be honest, I always thought I would love philosophy but I was wrong. It is not that I don't like it, it is just that I am not very good at it. I got the ideas in general but it seems I cannot get the full grasp of the ideas presented. When I wrote the exam though I realized that I did learn a lot from the class, and it was cool to learn about Postmodernism because we talked about it in Church Ministry.
Kaleo is over in two weeks. We have some wonderful things planned like surfing at Tofino and snowboarding at Mt. Washington, and just time to relax. This year is what it is, I think our group dynamics have been different than most years but I love these people nevertheless. It will be a sad day to say goodbye to them, especially the fact that I might not see some of them ever again, but I do have a peace about leaving. I am enjoying my time here but I am excited to get out in the world, and especially back to my community.
I feel like my blessing section made no sense, I apologize, haha.
No comments:
Post a Comment