Friday, December 10, 2010

Chapter 12:Everything the Light Touches Is Our Kingdom

Well, let me just say that Friday was probably one of the hardest chapels we have had so far.Four people have decided with good reasons to not come back next semester while two others are still deciding. With every person that told us that they are leaving my eyes seemed to water more and more. As I looked around I could tell the rest of Kaleo felt the same way. It was definitely hard but it is not a goodbye, but a sending off.
I felt like it was the end of the first Lord of the Rings movie, The Fellowship of the Ring. I know this sounds beyond cheesy, but I did just recently watch all three of the movies, so bear with me. But I felt like we, as Kaleo, were the Fellowship of the Ring, and when each person revealed that they were leaving it made me think that the Fellowship was broken. In the movie they all went different ways and in one case, someone died-luckily this wasn't a case of people dying, but definitely a lot of people leaving. I do remember though that all of them meet each other again, they took different paths but their purpose was the same. It is the same with Kaleo, some of us may be taking a different path but our purpose still remains the same. Our purpose is to build the Kingdom of God and follow his ways, it is just a different process, but same result.
As well, we had our Kaleo Christmas on Monday morning! It was so joyful and wonderful. We did a 'Secret Santa' gift exchange. I had Erik Karklins and my room mate, Anna M. had me. I didn't even suspect her! It was an incredible Christmas, I loved our time together, it was really sad because it is probably the last time we will all be together as Kaleo.
So now I sit at my dad's aunties place in Airdrie (near Calgary) for the night and tomorrow I will be going home officially. It has been an incredible semseter, and as I look back I can really see God's hand in everything. I can't wait to see what happens next semester!
I ask that you pray that I have a refreshing time at home and reconnect with family and friends. I also ask that I would be a light to my community and be bold about my faith.

No comments:

Post a Comment