As I said in my last blog, I had this week Introduction to Christian Theology with Jim Paulson. Jim was such a great prof and to be honest, he was pretty funny. Especially the fact that he would refer to himself in third person sometimes. Very enjoyable. Since I read Mere Christianity by C.S. Lewis (last March) I've had an interest in Theology, so it wasn't hard to pay attention in class. haha. I did enjoy it though but definitely there were some big topics, and I was left undecided on many issues. I think I might be leaning towards the Arminian side though! But totally undecided for the most part. I think the only subjects I took a side on were in Believer's baptism (vs. infant baptism) and I think when it comes to creation I think I am Literary Framework and slightly Young Earth. But I am not going to get into all of that.
So you may be interested in my Kaleo name. Well it is.... *drum roll* Peacemaker. It is a wonderful name but to be honest I am still uncertain of what this will mean for me. I have thought about it a little and so far all I got is two Bible verses about it:
Matthew 5:9 "Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called sons of God."
James 3:17-18 "But the wisdom that comes from heaven is first of all pure; then peace-loving, considerate, submissive, full of mercy and good fruit, impartial and sincere. Peacemakers who sow in peace reap a harvest of righteousness."
Also I know this 'peacemaking' means I have to stop avoiding conflict and becoming more bold, other than that I've got nothing, but I will keep you updated on the situation.
As for those who don't know, I am coming home for my reading break and for Youth Quake at Briercrest. I am not a homebody but I am so excited to come back! Being away from home has made me so grateful for everything I have there, friends, family, my church and yes, even my small town. I like being out and doing my own thing now but that "coming home" seems so much more precious than it ever has before. I am not home for long so hopefully I get to do the things I want and see everyone I want to (and eat all the home-cooked meals I can).
Oh! Mary and I went for a walk by Osborne Bay Park and the guesthouse and took some pictures with our lovely cameras. It was a fair walk, made my cheeks rosy though.
No comments:
Post a Comment