Last week well.. I went home! Which was so sweet. So Erik (one of the Kaleo guys) joined me for reading break since his brother lives in Caronport (where YQ is). So we got home and embarked into town to visit PJ (my pastor) and get the mail. It was so great to talk to PJ again, and connect with him to see what was going on in our church and our community. Some of it was hard to hear though, to see where some of the youth are going and even some of my friends. It was a new realization for me the extreme need to be a light within my own (and small) community. Our youth group, which just a few years ago had around 24 teens in it has stumbled to around a mere 5. Things are really changing. It can be that our church is going through a different season but PJ thinks more that the party scene has become too tantalizing. There are some youth though that are standing up for their beliefs, and I am so proud of them for doing that, I know it is a hard battle.
After that, on Friday we, as in myself, Erik and my brother, made our way to Caronport for YQ. I got to stay with my Parakaleo/friend, Kaitlyn Cey and also Alysha, a friend from camp came to YQ and stayed with Kaitlyn. The weekend was pretty good, but I did realize I don't have energy like some of those kids do. I did a little moshing for The Almost, a band I adore, and I watched the Refined/Undignified dance team. So good! Also, Alysha and I did the dance workshop, not as good of a dancer as I used to be, I'll say that much, haha. At the end of the weekend, I was tired, but it was good to catch up with friends and meet new people. I think also my brother enjoyed it once he met up with a family friend, Graeson Bergen. I am so glad Graeson was there.
After we got home, I think I zonked out for the night. On Monday my extended family on the Elsasser side came and we had a legit German meal, I was so happy to have a homecooked meal. Then, my best friend came over and she brought one of her friends from CMU. I just love that girl. She is so great, and every time I see her I can tell that she is growing in her faith, and I enjoy having in depth conversations with her.
So for the most part that is how my time at home went, oh! on Tuesday Christie, her friend and I made Thai food for supper. Yum. Wednesday my grandparents took us back to Calgary to flight out and I arrived back at camp once again.
So far all we have done is homework. I am so swamped with it, and I am even behind, which is a hard thing for me to accept since I have been the studious type. I am not done one of my assignments that was due last wednesday yet, so I plan on doing that next. Please pray that I don't become overwhelmed! haha. Please also pray for our community, I feel like we are not really being the community we are supposed to be. Also, I am comparing our Kaleo to past Kaleos and seeing that we are lazy and do not bond or do fun things like other Kaleos have, and I know it isn't particularly a good thing to compare.
Lastly, as you know, I don't need money for my mission trip to Vancouver/Ucluelet. Although, our team has decided to raise money outside of our own personal funds to do some cool stuff for the people we are working with. One thing is we plan to do a "Extreme Room Makeover" for some kids. So if you would like I would greatly appreciate it if you would be willing to donate. There is a little under two weeks to donate. So sorry for the short notice. There is a few ways you can do this, you can phone the Qwanoes office at (250) 246-3014 and donate by Credit Card (just tell them who you are donating to which would be the Vancouver Team) or you can send a cheque but make sure it just says Camp Qwanoes, nothing else, and don't specify to who or which team you are giving to. There are forms to specify which team you are giving to in this link:
http://www.kaleolife.ca/kaleosupport2011.pdf
If you are able to support, thank you so much, and if you can't, I completely understand that also.
I hope you have a wonderful week! Next week for me is Gospels with Wes Olmstead. Opa!
No comments:
Post a Comment