Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Chapter 21: Casting Songs Out To the Sea




Well my Ukie (Ucluelet) trip is done!
To summarize it, it was probably one of my highlights for Kaleo (making my top three, for sure). Ucluelet is where my Vancouver team will be going for the second-half of our mission trip this March, and it is a three hour drive from Crofton.
On the way there we stopped at Cathedral Grove, the trees are.... awestrucking and huge! On the way back to Crofton we went through Cathedral Grove again and they were filming a movie, my guess? Twilight. On the way to Ucluelet we encountered snow, torrential rains, and a crazy storm on the sea. Once we got there we went on the Pacific Rim Trail and hiked out to the lighthouse there. If you don't know, I have an obsession with lighthouses, so I was of course, ecstatic. The waves were so powerful! They crashed against the rock sending spray flying into the air. It was beautiful, and I maybe had a slight adrenaline rush, just slightly. I just can't express how happy and excited I was, maybe if you ask my Vancouver team members they could tell you, apparently I squealed a lot. So anyways, after that we went to a church we were staying at and Tyler (our intern) cooked supper for us. It was so good too, the best meal since I have been home, and now I have an addiction to smoked gouda. Erin, the guy we will be working with in Ucluelet in March, came and told us about what he and his ministry does. I think it will be really great and am excited for what will happen. Today we went to Black Rock along the Pacific Rim Trail again and did some more storm watching. I absolutely loved it.
It was so incredible to see God working from the giant trees of Cathedral Grove to the powerful waves at Ucluelet. It was also a really great bonding experience with my team I think, and I am thrilled I get to spend more time with them in March.

I did seem to take over 200 pictures of waves over the last two days, may be due to that I am from Saskatchewan, but don't tell anyone that, haha. At points in the waves you could see the green and blue in the wave come alive in colour, and it was a challenge to capture that in a photo, and to be honest, I really don't think I did. My new camera is a little bit of a challenge at points, it may take a little getting used to.
Lastly, I get to go home tomorrow and YQ on the weekend! Eek! Have a wonderful week!
I will upload some photos once I learn how to upload my RAW photos onto here, or maybe I will just leave it with these ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment