Hello once again!
Well this week was filled with a camp ministry course, some Coombs fun and good old time off. Our first few days we did a little bit of our camp ministry course with Sid Koop. I felt like I was losing passion for God and the people around me, but Sid really made me realize what I was passionate about and how God has put those things in my heart for a reason. On Wednesday we went to Coombs and did some shopping along with spelunking (when you go caving), which was pretty crazy! When your in the caves and if you shut off your lights, there is no light at all, it is completely black, there is no way your eyes can adjust to the dark. It really made me think of light and darkness when it comes to biblical terms and such and how we are the light to the world.
This weekend I served at the retreat at Qwanoes again. I served on the Friday night at Club Coco, where they later had Q-town. I stayed for a little bit of Q-town-for the worship part. It really made me miss LBC back at home, and just being a counselor. I did get to play with children though this week at Kidstown on Sunday. It rained the whole time but to be honest, it is the most fun I have had so far there, and I am starting to get to know some of the kids personally.
I am just so impassioned by the people around me, so many great things are happening in the Cowichan valley and I am so fortunate to be able to see it happen and able to partake in it. There is so many opportunities here to be the hands and feet of Jesus here.
In a way I really want to move back to the Island after Kaleo is done, sometime in my future. I just love the people and the environment here, but I really fall in love with every place I ever go to it seems, haha. I think the Island is really influencing me in my lifestyle already, I am finding myself buying fair-trade, natural and organic everything it seems, -don't worry dad, I still eat meat-, I find it rather funny.
So that is all for this week. Bon voyage!
yeah for fair trade! you are sweet. love reading your thoughts.
ReplyDelete