Well, as of right now, I am sitting in my Church Ministry class during one of our breaks. I am actually so excited for this course! I really want to be able to help and learn about the church. We are doing topics like spiritual gifts, elders, leadership roles, etc. Definitely thrilled, and the professor David Ernst, seems really great and down to earth.
So what happened this week, well, I could type it all out and tell you, or I could just copy and paste what I put on the Kaleo blog:
"In the last week we have had a considerable amount of snow, which is apparently an abnormality for Crofton. Quite beautiful.
As in other news, we have just finished our Hermeneutics paper at 5:30 this evening. How joyous a time! Not really. It is always interesting to see people staying up late... or not staying up at all but rather pulling an all-nighter... Sarah. haha.
What else have we done... Oh! We had our DTG this week. And if you have no idea what that means, like I did, it means Ditch the Guys/Ditch the Girls. Sorray Guys! But ya, the girls went to Victoria to the Parkers' house while the boys went to Nanaimo for swimming and Jim's later for steaks. Yum."
Also, on the weekend Mary, Mike, Janet and myself went to the Cowichan Tribe 2nd annual craft fair, I bought some sweet and crazy bear-paw bead earrings, so cool! And I saw my first totem pole which is strange since I live near the City of Totems and hadn't seen one yet... except that really tall one in Victoria.
Hm... well this week definitely had its time of frustration. I found out that so many people want to leave Kaleo. It is so discouraging. I just wish that these people would realize that they are meant to be here no matter how they feel right now. Christianity is not about feelings. I just wish they could see that God has a plan for them to be here and that they will grow from this year. In other frustrations, at the night of our DTG I felt completely convicted that I wasn't being personal and connected to God. So that night I poured out my heart to God and to be honest, I felt so much better, like a burden had been lifted and I just felt this feeling that I am not even able to describe. Now, I have taken a more personal note with my prayer life, and it has definitely been such a huge improvement, I feel renewed.
I finished two of my pre-course work books for Church Ministry. What So Amazing About Grace? by Phillip Yancey and Why We're Not Emergent By Two Guys Who Should Be by Kevin Deyoung and Ted Kluck. Both very good reads, I learned a lot from them. At first, I did not like the Why We're Not Emergent book, I thought they were jerks, but by the end I saw a kinder note.
Well that is all for this week. Bye-bye for now!
P.S. At the DTG at Kristine's place in the morning I went out to the dock -they live right on the sides of the bay so they have their own dock- to feed the swans with Nicki, Kristine's sister. It was so much fun! They ate right out of my hand and... I touched a duck! He didn't even see it coming.
No comments:
Post a Comment