Well I just finished the book Crazy Love by Francis Chan. I felt so convicted afterward but also so on fire and impassioned! I almost felt like getting up and leaving Kaleo to go do something, but I know I am meant to be here this year to be better equipped to do just that sort of thing. There was a certain part of the book though that my heart just completely cried out:
"I'm writing this in April 2007, and the news about the three martyrs--Tilman, Necati, and Ugur-- is still fresh. I can't get them out of my mind. They were tortured for three hours in ways that I didn't know were humanly possible. I'll spare you the details, but it was repulsive and horrific. I think of how they must have looked at each other while being tortured with stares that said, "Just hold on a little longer. Don't deny Him! It'll al lbe worth it.""
That story for some reason stirred my heart, I actually got really teary-eyed. Maybe it is because I know that story all too well. I met people while in Turkey who knew those men first hand and knew their wives. To think what they endured and that they endured it for Christ. They were like the martyrs from that same land of Asia Minor. History seems to repeat itself. I just wonder where God wants me to go and what he wants me to do...
No comments:
Post a Comment