
Merhaba.
This week was our 24/7 week of prayer. I had never done one before, I was a prayer intercessor for the conference I went to in Turkey but this was a lot different. The room was decorated with writing of heartfelt cries, prayers and thoughts from us, along with some ambient lighting and cushions. It had just this captivating feeling to it when I walked in the room. Every day each of us or most of us would pray for an hour each. I took the 7-8 in the morning shift.... every morning, except for the last, I accidentally slept in.... sorray Janet! I found that my prayer time was refreshing and I definitely felt challenged. I feel like my faith is too stagnant. I feel like God is challenging me to let go of the things in life, especially my possessions, and to realize that it is Him working through my life, not my own workings. During our chapel time a lot of us shared our testimonies, and they were so good to hear! So many of them had really great stories, and it helped me understand them better.
Anyways, it snowed on the Island this weekend! I realized that I actually like winter... I never thought I did. It gives me excuse to bundle up and then drink tea and hot chocolate when I get inside and sit by a fireplace... even though we don't have on here, yet. The Brazilians were so excited to see snow, they were rather fanatic, but it was enjoyable to see them marvel at the white stuff fall from the sky. Today me and two of my friends -Erik and Mike- went for a walk to the guest house. If you are curious, the guest house is this very beautiful, 1912, two-story house where our professors and guests of Qwanoes can stay. It is so gorgeous how all the snow has blanketed the branches, ground, and houses. Whilst on our walk we met... Barkley! Barkley is Jim's dog. So we played with him for awhile and such. It was really good to actually go for a walk. We have such beautiful surroundings here and I feel we barely use them.
I would also like to notify everyone that I finished my first college essay! It was for OT Lit and I did it on David's success as a great king not being based on himself but on God. It was actually really great, and I learned so much. So I decided to keep it a little shorter this week. Have a great week! As for my week, I am doing homework, having a DTG -Ditch The Guys- and we are going to go to Ladysmith for a Christmas light festival... pretty excited.
No comments:
Post a Comment